Wednesday, October 17, 2012

greetings, earthlings


Once again, back from a blogging hiatus.  Been super busy with the business of life...which has mostly consisted of working and not working.  I'd say a 50/50 ratio.  My seasonal employment allows me to explore the awesome rivers, canyons, and endlessly inspiring landscapes of the Colorado plateau while on the job, as well as ample time off to do...whatever i want!  During the month of August I put nearly 5,000 miles on my car/mobile command center.
(sometimes hard miles.  but the SOOB is a champ)
Made it out to the Sierra Nevada's for about ten days, with a stop at Mono Lake.  This place is a photographers dream!  These are my favorite shots from that venture.  I was hoping to get some night shots, but the clouds in these photo's were the first signs of quite a storm that puked rain all night and next morning--the only adverse weather of the trip.  Made for a spectacular sunset.     
These formations are called tufas, limestone formed by
springs which were once submerged (another story entirely)
 
More to come..........................................next stop:  Ye ol' ROCKY MOUNTAINS

1 comment: